Wednesday, September 4, 2019

September 4, 2019

Seminar 9 (periods one and two)
Today we checked our Beowulf. If you were absent, please go to the library as soon as possible and check out a copy.

We began our introduction to the text, and the Slides for the background information will be posted here (and in Google Classroom).

Seminar 10 (periods three and four)
We read the poem "Invictus" and analyzed it while also reviewing my expectations for annotations. Attached here are the Slides. Please review them today (if you were absent). 

English 9 (period six)
To kick off our memoir unit, we made lists. If you are absent, take some time to make a list of three to five:
- A time I've been embarrassed was ... OR something funny that happened to me is...
- What are things that annoy you?
- I remember trying to learn...
- A moment that changed me was...
- A tough decision I've made is...

After, we learned about six-word memoirs and worked as groups to analyze potential characters, plots, themes, and settings for the memoirs in our groups. Then, we began to draft some six-word memoirs ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment